The foam eggs were pre-cut into halves, which naturally led to some matching activities. I used some clear packing tape to make pockets on each half of the eggs. Cut one piece about an inch longer than the second piece, then match them up sticky sides together. The longer piece will overlap the shorter piece and will be used to attach the "pockets" to the eggs.
Here's how we used these in therapy:
|matching up opposite pairs|
For my articulation students, we played a matching game with our phoneme pictures.
Some students matched up community helpers with their related objects or tools.
And others matched up rhyming words. We practiced making lots of sentences with our targets throughout the day.
This was a fun activity, and we'll be using up until Easter. Let me know if you try it!
Abby's Mom made her a bunny birthday cake when she was younger because her birthday is around the same time. :)